La Chatte Gitane (or The Gypsy Cat) was the name we chose for our cottage in France at the time. We chose it while on the road, moving house the first time round, from Ireland to France with 2 dogs and 7 cats in the car.
This blog began its insignificant life as a recipe book for friends and family who would ask me repeatedly for a recipe of this, that and the other.
Since then it has taken many different directions, like we did and like gypsies tend to do. Sometimes making a U-turn and revisiting familiar roads and taking a break when necessary.
You'll find recipes here, but also musings about the places we've called home, the gardens that we've established, not always successfully, the homes we've improved and the environments we've lived in. Currently, after yet another stint in Ireland, we're back in France @ Le Mas d'Ayen

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Aaargh ! The Laundry and CSI




I love it when I finally have come out the other end of doing a pile of laundry and ironing.
Ironing !! ? Yeees. Certain items I like ironed. Like bed linen for instance.


It usually does take me some time to get started and once done it takes me some time to put everything in their designated place, like the linen cupboard.
By the time I get there, I discover this !

Was it you ?

Erm..Nope. Wasn't me !

Time for some finger printing methinks. Do cats even have fingerprints ? Or fingers for that matter ?

Sigh.
Patricia xxx...x

3 comments:

  1. You're just as old-fashioned as I am: ironed dishrags. My BFF thinks I'm the craziest person for doing so.
    I do wonder how you iron your bedlinens? Impossible to do it on my ironing board or on the table. Glad we have a cheap ironing service who does it for me (dienstencheques!!).

    BTW Love your new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL my friends think I'm crazy for ironing (most of them don't even own an iron :p ) . Only my mother thinks it is an essential job.
    Now, I hate doing the ironing, mind you, and I save it all up until I have a few days worth. But I hate wrinkled bed linen more.
    I fold a duvet cover in four. Iron. Turn over. Iron. Fold back onto itself and iron both sides again. That way I have done one side (the one that shows when on the bed). The other side doesn't get a look in. And I do the same with fitted sheets. Fold in four, corners tucked tucked into each other. Slap it over the ironing board and away you go.
    Thanks for liking the new layout. Still working on it. But hopefully soon it will all be finished and presentable. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate ironing so the only thing I iron are shirts. Unfortunately I wear a lot of shirts, but I have now taught myself to turn a blind eye to creased work shirts ..... so the ironing pile has shrunk even more :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...